Introducing Cocoba Chocolate, imported from England. The founder, Darren Litton, wanted to recreate the hot chocolate drinks he enjoyed as a child in Australia. They started as a popup, graduated to the cafe, and for the last five years, they have been selling their luxury products in stores and online in England. They make various chocolate products now, including very British flavors of chocolate bars, like Sticky Toffee Pudding and Eaton Mess, but their roots are with the hot chocolate bombs and spoons. The chocolate products are made in their kitchen in Kent, England, using chocolate from Belgium.
We are expecting our first shipment of Coocba Chocolate in Early October. If you are interested, please call or email us. We will have limited supplies for the holidays, and we expect them to sell out quickly.
View Cocoba Chocolate Price List (PDF)
We expanded the range of Belazu Ingredients Company pestos we offer to our wholesale customers. These new pestos offer delicious and quick inspiration for the home chef interested in incorporating Mediterranean flavors into their creations. These pestos are all quite versatile, as they can be spread for bread or crackers and served with cheese, served as a sauce for pasta, or add intriguing flavors to fish or meat dishes. All the pestos are packed with a distinctive flavor and are nut-free.
- Wild Mushroom Pesto For mushroom lovers, this mascarpone cheese-based pesto creates a delicious pasta dish in minutes.
- Saffron & Piquillo Pepper Pesto The combination of sweet piquillo peppers and saffron gives this condiment a Sothern Spain accent, it does taste like paella without the protein or starch. It goes well well shellfish or lamb.
- Tomato & Sage Pesto This pesto combines the warm flavors of semi-dried tomatoes, pecorino cheese, and sage. Great for heaty winter vegetable dishes.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto For tomato lovers, this recipe combines tomatoes, Italian cheese, olive oil, and Herbs de Provence to create a southern Italian classic pesto.
- Ezme Mezze This one is a little different. It is a sweet and spicy Turkish paste made with tomatoes, peppers, and pomegranate molasses, and no animal products, so it is vegan. Great as a base for salad dressing or as part of an antipasto platter.
Belazu is an English company that specializes in offering Mediterranean-based cooking ingredients to passionate cooks. See Belazu products in our Online Catalog.
About the Company
Mama Buci (“Mother Honey” in the Bemba dialect) is the largest independent honey producer in Africa, represented by founder Martin Zuch and brand ambassadors Bear Grylls and Charlie Mackesy. The British-based company offers two ethically produced varieties of raw honey, Winter and Summer, and CMB is bringing them to the USA for the first time.
Established in 2008, Mama Buci works in many towns and villages of Zambia, and has provided 120,000 hives to over 7,000 families. The lightweight, flat-packed hives are constructed from forestry offcuts and can be set up in approximately ten minutes. Honey is ready in 12-18 months and is harvested twice a year, once in July and once in December.
The hives are maintained by local “mentors” who are educated in beekeeping. The families who host the hives are compensated for the weight of honey produced on their land – this extra income allows families, many headed by single mothers, to send their children to school.
About the Honey
The honey produced comes in 2 varieties, Winter and Summer. The Summer varietal is a lighter, floral honey with notes of anise and fennel that many consumers associate with the traditional “honey flavor” we all know and love, while Winter offers a richer, darker honey with notes of molasses that goes great on its own, or with cheese that showcases its strong taste.
Mama Buci honey is entirely natural, sustainable honey that capitalizes on the diverse flora and fauna of Zambia to provide a unique tasting experience.
See Mama Buci In our Online Catalog
View Mama Buci Website
Introducing Philip A. Kahan, who has recently joined us as the director of sales. Philip comes to us after working 30-plus years in the fine leather goods industry, where he owned a business that offered leather premiums to corporate and retail accounts. He is a native New Yorker, and he enjoys meeting new friends, cooking, and exploring the world.
You can reach Philip at email@example.com or by phone at 646.830.5035
Here are some highlights of the baskets we are offering wholesale customers for this holidays season. Our offerings are slim this year because of the expense of shipping baskets from Asia.
- Wire Lidded Box Linen Lining Set of 2 (WLL4433S2LN)
- Wire Lidded Shallow Hamper Linen Lining (WLL903LN)
- Wood & Wire Black Rect Basket with Removable Lid – Large (WJY26527BLL)
- Santa Fe Wood Picnic Baskets with two handles Set of 2 Dark Colorway (WDM6886S2dark)
Contact us asap if you would like to reserve some baskets for the holidays.
After more than 10 years on our old web platform, we have been forced to move to a new platform because the old platform was discontinued. Over time we hope to build functionality into this site so you can do everything you could on the old site and then some.
Please stay tuned …